Thursday, June 23, 2011

Moments in history — Obama on Afganistan troops withdrawal



This seemed like a good time to update this blog with a new post.

At times it is hard to believe how long it has been since 9/11 and the war in Iraq began. When I was in a classroom at high school as the Twin Towers at the World Trade Center were attacked, I never would have thought today I would be a reporter helping document history. I think many people my age won't forget that moment, but how we have progressed since then is also interesting. We have had rather divisive national politics, but under dire circumstances we know our nation is united. Also, whether you support or don't support President Obama getting elected, it was another historic moment and one I won't forget.

Then, on top of the moments mentioned, we have the death of Osama bin Laden, which was another feat our country has accomplished. When I sit back and think about everything I've witnessed during my life it is rather remarkable. There are even more moments, positive and negative, I've seen but it would take too long to list. If you're reading this, you probably lived through all those moments too.

I didn't get to see the president live last night (I actually saw a movie screening for free), so if you were like me I'd take a minute to watch the video of his speech unless you already did before reading this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment